Friday, March 31, 2006

One is enough for me


metaphor
Originally uploaded by JoeFriday.

I recently managed to be in the right place at the right time, and actually had my camera with me.

I live rather close to the west shore of Lake Michigan, which supplies no end of photo opportunities. In this case, I happened to be driving along just before the sunrise, which is possibly one of only a dozen times I've even been awake at that hour. I decided I couldn't pass up the opportunity, even if it tends to be a photo cliché.

I had my Canonet QL17 GIII in my car, loaded with Fuji NPS160 film. Not exactly a good film choice, given the low light, but I thought I'd just give it a shot, so to speak.

I parked the car in a state park, and walked toward the water. As I brought the camera up to frame the shot, I realized the meter wasn't working. Dead battery. Fortunately, the Canonet can go fully manual, so I set the aperture wide open and started bracketing.

Out of a dozen shots, this was the only one worth saving. But one is enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home